We take a great deal of care with your flowers, they are grown in ideal conditions and hydrated and conditioned before shipping directly from the farm. Despite this, flowers will still need proper care upon arrival to you. It is absolutely normal that flowers will look sleepy and thirsty upon arrival. We have stated specific instructions for each individual flower. Please check each products care instructions on our website to ensure you get the best from your flowers.
For most of our flowers you can simply follow the below instructions and you will see how wonderfully your flowers will react to the right care:
1. The first thing you need to do is open up the flowers and have a good look at them. Carefully unwrap any packaging from the bunches, such as sleeves, paper or cardboard.
If upon opening your boxes you see a problem with your flowers, please do not continue in conditioning the flowers, and leave them in the box and packaging. Please call us immediately to let us know about the problem so that we can react swiftly.
2. Have ready clean buckets ready to hydrate your flowers. Fill with at least 5 inches of cool water. If you are using flower food, be sure to read instructions on the packet carefully to prepare your water.
3. Cut all stems at a diagonal, under cool running water. Cut to your required length with sharp scissors to ensure a clean cut.
4. Place the stems in the buckets to hydrate them, be sure not to cram too many stems into each bucket. This will avoid damage to flowers and allow flower to breath and start to bloom.
5. Your flowers should be placed in a cool area, away from direct sunlight and excessive heat for preferably 12 hours for optimal results, but for at least a minimum of 5 hours to ensure adequate hydration.
6. Be sure to change your water frequently, it is vital that flowers get fresh water around every 24 hours. Do not let the water in the buckets run dry and that all stems are sitting in the water.
7. Be aware that flowers left in a warm environment will open more quickly, but if flowers are too hot they will wilt.
8. Because we are dealing with a natural product, no two flowers will be identical. Keep in mind that some flowers may slightly differ in shade or formation.